If you have a plumbing emergency, your first instinct may be to panic. Plumbing problems can often result in costly repairs or the need to not only repair your plumbing appliance, but to also repair damages to your home that were caused due to your plumbing problem. However, if you have a plumbing emergency, there are some things you can do to try and mitigate the damage. Here at Complete Plumbing and Rooter, we offer 24/7 plumbing services in Chino for all of your plumbing emergencies.
Top Tips For Handling Plumbing Emergencies
- Locate the main water shut-off valve for your home. You’ll want to know where this is located in case of water leaks.
- Become familiar with how to turn off your water heater. Knowing how to turn off your water heater could even come in handy when you’re planning to go out of town and you don’t want to pay to heat water that you won’t be using.
- The plumbing fixtures in your home should all have an isolation valve that will stop the flow of water to that specific fixture, make sure you locate this valve for each fixture. About once a year, try turning off and turning back on your isolation valves to ensure that they’re in good, working condition.
- If you have slip joint pliers, they can be used on a drain line to loosen the collar nuts.
- A forced cup plunger is the best tool to use for clogged toilets.
- An allen wrench is a good tool to use to tighten a leaky faucet.
- Having a few extra forced cup plungers in your home is a good idea. If you have a sink clog, you’ll want a plunger for both drains in the kitchen to get the best suction to unclog the drain.
- As a temporary solution for a leak, you can use pipe sealing tape or duct tape to seal a cracked pipe.
- A Wet Dry Vacuum can be helpful, should you ever have a major water leak in your home. The vacuum can be used to remove excess water from both hard and carpeted floors.
- If you have a leak that is being caused by a supply tube break, you can use a blind cap to screw into the tube in order to seal the leak as a temporary fix.
- Teflon tape can be used on supply tubes, should the ferrules in your supply tube become scratched or dented, which can cause a leak. Wrap the teflon tape around the ferrule as a temporary solution.
Some plumbing problems can’t wait to be addressed, and the assistance of a 24-hour plumber is necessary in order to avoid major damage to your home. Should you ever find that you have a plumbing emergency on your hands, we hope that the tips we listed will help you to avoid major problems due to your plumbing emergency. If you’re not sure what to do to reduce the problems your plumbing emergency are causing, call your 24-hour plumber in Chino at Complete Plumbing and Rooter.